AA Kills – Mission

Why do we say “AA kills”?  Alcoholics Anonymous and its “12 step” program is typically applauded for saving lives.  Doctors routinely instruct patients with alcohol problems to get themselves to a 12 step program.  Courts order people to go to AA.  85% of rehab centers in the US utilize the 12 step program.  Yet studies show that the program is effective for only about 5% of participants!  That leaves 95% suffering from addiction, losing their jobs, their families, their homes, their dignity.  And yes, thousands dead:  About 1.5 million Americans over the last decade from alcoholism and drug overdoses!  We explore alternatives so that America can quit its addiction to AA.